Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Singles Day.

As a single man, it is safe to assume that I HATE Valentine's Day almost as much as I hate cucumbers and broccoli and snakes and vaginas. I get angry enough when I have to watch people eating their boyfriend/girlfriend's faces off on a daily basis, having a day dedicated to it is almost as much my cup of tea as a cup of tea is (for those of you who don't know me, I despise tea as well).

I just don't like the thought of having a day dedicated to showing your significant other love, when, in reality, if you really love him or her, then why should you be restricted to showing that love on one day of the year (two if you include birthdays).

Therefore, I do all in my power to sabotage other people's Valentines day - by getting them horrendously drunk at the pub the night before so that twelve hours, two new phone passcodes, four shots of sambuca and several pints later, they're still so drunk that they are in no state of mind to actually enjoy their valentines day with their boyfriend/girlfriend.

Sorry this post is very short - I'm a bit rushed for time since I'm going home for reading week tomorrow (hence also why I've swapped with eli) and I still haven't packed - and it's gay night at the pub tonight and I plan on getting absolutely shitfaced. Again. Also, many apologies for the lack of posts in recent days, hopefully normal service will resume next week :D

Rory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.