Wednesday 30 January 2013

Fact or Fiction?




Because I am the culinary equivalent of a sloth I have decided to forgo kitchen tips in favour of rambling about sex myths? And as has been previously mentioned, the rise of google and sex education should hopefully be minimising unfounded horror stories. Although, saying that my main form of sex education has probably been romance novels, which we all know are 100% accurate.

If I know anything about sex (which really I don’t) it’s that everyone is different. A lot of what seem like strange myths or accepted fact can apply so some people but not others. For example, some people really like their ears being blown into….Mike, whereas the vast majority just find it slightly creepy.  Even the internet and your sex ed teacher do not know everything, my advice to you is simply DON’T PANIC.


Something I personally hate is the way sex gets spoken about in lots of magazines, they tend to put a lot of pressure on women to look/act certain ways and generally they focus on what your partner thinks about you. I read a “sex etiquette” article on the Cosmo website the other day which told me I should never have sex if I haven’t first shaved my legs. Seriously? It should matter more what you think, personally I like having shaved legs because they feel really smooth and awesome. Apparently, I should also round down the number of people I have slept with; I understand that it can be intimidating (not that this is an issue for me) but really this seems like a subtle form of slutshaming. It’s giving the idea that it’s wrong for a woman to have sex.  Although, More once had a weekly column where they used Barbie dolls to illustrate sex positions, which I found very amusing.
Embrace your inner slut.


So, remember to take everything you read/watch/hear/see with a pinch of salt. 

Lot's of love,
Todostrieb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.